Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP 1, or Windows 8
- Processor: 1.6 GHz
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
- Hard Drive Space 200 MB
- Supported Video Cards (must support Shader Model 2.0 or greater)
- ATI Radeon X300 or later
- ATI Radeon 9600 or later
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 or later
- Some Intel Chipsets will work but they may be unstable
Mimumum Software Requirements
- .netFramework 4.0
- XNA 4.0 Redistributable
- Slim DX Redistributable 4.0 for X86 (even if you are running a 64 bit system. A direct link to this installation can be found here: (Download SlimDX)
- Download the Catalyst 2013 Setup.Zip File HERE and save it to your computer
- Navigate to the Catalyst 2013 installation.zip file on your computer
- Right click on the file and then select "Extract All"
- Once the zip file is done extracting, open the newly created folder and double click on Catalyst 2013 Setup.exe
- Continue through the setup wizard to complete installation
Catalyst 2013 is an FRC® simulator that can help your team reach its full potential this season. Build robots and play matches like you would in real life, minus the power tools and safety glasses.
Build Virtual Robots
Design a virtual robot and see it in action seconds later.
- Use the Robot Editor to customize a virtual robot.
- Try a variety of design approaches in a matter of minutes, not weeks.
- Try out different robot types to see which may suit your team best this year.
Develop a Winning Strategy
Practice Mode gives you freedom to experiment, and Match Statistics let you analyze the results
- Six people can play simultaneously on one PC, allowing you to simulate a real match.
- Is it better to go for threes, or rack up points on the low goals? Investigate questions like this to see what might get your team to Einstein.
- Be creative to discover innovative tactics before the first real match is even played.
- Experiment with different formations to best make use of the three robots at your alliance's disposal.
- See what makes for a flexible and effective autonomous mode.
Learn the Game Interactively
Get a feel for the game by playing the virtual version
- See how the game might be played on day one.
- Become more comfortable with the game by seeing it in action.
Be at the Top of Your Game
Get more driving practice than you ever could on practice day alone
- Drive in simulated match situations before your robot is even built.
- Continue practicing driving even after Stop Build Day (without having to build a second robot!).
- Allow your drive team to get used to working together in different situations.